Saturday, August 23, 2008

Wedding du Jour: Tyler and Kayleigh

Humor and irony are two of the most important elements I keep an eye out for when shooting a wedding. Maybe it's the mood I'm in depending on the day, but some weddings produce so many funny moments that I laugh through almost the entire post-production process.

Tyler and Kayleigh are easy-going, light-hearted people to begin with. And their wedding, at a seminary in Wilmore, KY, took on an especially whimsical feel for us - from the bridesmaid who decided to hang her dress from the boardmember portraits to steam it, to a glimpse of the sometimes unglamorous life of a DJ (I wonder how long it will take someone to capture a glimpse of the sometimes unglamorous life of this photographer?).

It's cliche but worth mentioning, as something I've learned in my own marriage: Laughter goes a long way in overcoming the often absurd little things that threaten a marriage.









No comments: