Monday, August 25, 2008

Wedding du Jour: Sam and Amber

Sam is the kind of guy you think about as you're watching the Olympics and wonder, shouldn't he be there?

Both he and Amber are the athletic match made in heaven, and they happen to also be great friends of ours. We wonder sometimes if we were their friends or wedding photographers first, and we're really not sure. Their wedding was so full of joking and laughter that we couldn't help but enjoy ourselves. Their chemistry as a couple is second to none, and I'm confident they will touch many, many lives for good in the years to come.

Most memorable quirk about their wedding? Their moniker as a couple, "Samber," was plastered on orange swag like coffee mugs and t-shirts, and given away as wedding favors. The groomsman politely cooperated with the theme by wearing the t-shirts for part of the reception, though one (anonymous) groomsman confided in me: "I don't quite get it, but I like Sam, so I'll do it for him."

I myself just sipped my coffee the other morning from my shiny Samber mug.

















2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh good! I'm glad I returned that mug to you then after your returned from Haiti. For the life of me, I could not figure out what "Samber" meant.

Amber said...

Thank you for such sweet comments!!!