Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wedding du Jour: Chris and Sharay

::: To those how are growing weary of the endless stream of wedding photos, take heart: The Wedding du Jour tour is nearing its end. To those of you who can't get enough of this stuff, there are still a couple more to go before I'm all caught up. :::

I hope this isn't a dangerous thing to say, but sometimes my favorite photos from the day happen before the bride ever puts on her dress. I know, I know: Primping is decidedly girly, and many male photogs don't have a high tolerance for it. I've had corrosion on my lenses from being around so much hair product.

But unlike a wedding, the prep time is almost never scripted, and it can be prime time for grabbing some color that says a lot about a bride (or groom).

In the case of Sharay, she and her girls had their hair done at a family-owned salon in town. It's a place where a photo of Madame CJ Walker - a 19th Century woman who became the first African American millionaire by selling hair products - looks
down upon patrons and employees wearing an inspiring gaze.

Sharay and Chris must have caught that gaze some time ago. They are a savvy, business-minded couple who worked their way together through two MBAs at the University of Kentucky. They're the sort that seems to have everything put together far more than I ever will. And best of all, they're one of the most unassuming, easy-to-please couples I've ever met.

However, that didn't stop Sharay from sneaking away periodically to call the shots from her cell phone in a dark corner of the church. :)

Chris and Sharay, your wedding was a pleasure. Thanks for letting us be a part of it, for dancing incredibly well, and making us feel like part of the wedding party.











2 comments:

pmayo said...

As Sharays mom this day was a magical moment for me and I wanted everything to be perfect for her and Chris. The photographs that were captured was not only artistic, but simply breath taking. Thank you for your artistic eye and the comfort you and your wife gave us when you photographed, this is a day I will never forget.

Andy, Rachel, Christopher, and Kaela said...

Andy,

You are crazy good and an inspiration to me. Awesome work.

--Andy