
Being a photographer sounds exotic and fun to a lot of folks and, well, sometimes it is. It can also be pretty darn mundane. Then again, that's not all bad.
Take this week. I spent most of it shooting plates of food for some restaurant clients who are running magazine ad campaigns. That means squinting at little hamburgers and debating with art directors about whether or not the asparagus looks buttery enough. It also means photographing the same plate of chicken for maybe a couple of hours.
But in the end, somebody's got to eat that lamb when we're done shooting, and it might as well be me...
I also had the privilege of working for the first time with Robin LaChapelle, an art director/project manager from Louisville who is super helpful and caught just about every little detail that I missed. She also made for a very decent food stylist.
No comments:
Post a Comment