I admit I was born something of a cynic. So it took me quite a while to warm up to the whole blog revolution. But lately, as the months go by and life grows busier and ever-more compressed, I've had a bit of fear that one day I'll look back and realize it was all a blur. I think that is the nearly the guaranteed result of an unexamined life. And as I thought more about ways to ensure that I stop to process what is happening around me, I couldn't come up with many better options than finally turning to the blogoshpere.
Among the many selling points of blogs (let's not forget the best one, they're free), I found the idea of public access to be most appealing. Not at all that I feel everyone else is entitled to my opinion (if you're looking for a blog with seminal thoughts, you might keep looking...). It's just that there's an extra level of accountability and community to the whole thing. And I just think we put more effort and consideration into anything we do when it's going to be seen by someone who is probably smarter and wiser than we are. At least we should.
So thanks for taking a moment to check in on some fragments of my life and some happenings in my humble little business. And to those wiser and smarter people reading this, thanks in advance for not making fun of me.
Friday, February 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment