Sunday, January 10, 2010

Rainy Haiti

Back in Haiti for a couple of weeks. This is perhaps my favorite time of year to be here -- cool and cloudy, the best you could ask for with day-long shooting, giving you maximum control of the light. The downside is the risk for multi-day stretches of rain, not so conducive to shooting.

So hoping for good weather. This time we'll be mostly video for a handful of new projects rolling out this spring. Always fun to try new things...looking forward to it.

More later...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we would all love to know that you and Erika are OK. I hear communication is hard to come by, but try to blog that you're OK!

ann & jerry cook

Emilie said...

Andy and Erika are ok, per Erika's report on Facebook. I will post here what she has shared in the past few days, and yes, it seems communication is sparce.

"Thankful to be safe after 7.0 magnitude earthquake in Port au Prince. We are about 150 miles away (St. Louis du Nord), and although I'll admit it was pretty scary, our hearts are with the many people in Port au Prince. . Lord have mercy on us."

It was a long night. Rain and tiny rumbles of aftershocks here in St. Louis du Nord. It is overwhelming to think what this means for Haiti, for our mission, for us. My heart aches so much it is numb - so many friends here still unable to contact their loved ones. Even the presidential palace has collapsed."

"Andy has headed down to Port au Prince to document the disaster. Please pray for him and our team of Haitian staff as they travel."

that was the latest update as of January 13.

I hope this brings peace to your heart, and please continue to pray.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you two are okay. You're in our thoughts!

Brooke, Brett & Jolie Trusty