Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl, Super Ice, Super Milk

Thursday, I spent about an hour chipping more than an inch of ice off my car.

On Friday, I landed in Port-au-Prince and the temperature was 85 degrees.

Today, I watched the Super Bowl on a big-screen TV in a country with almost no electricity, while some of my friends back home were still waiting for their power to be restored after a winter storm wiped out their power.

Go figure.

We're back in Haiti for three weeks. This first week we'll be involved in a staff retreat at the mission that we're really excited about, something Erika's worked incredibly hard to orchestrate.

After the retreat, I'll be shooting some projects and dabbling in some video production.

It's so good to be here with some great friends on the staff here, always a source of strength and encouragement for us.

Below:

NWHCM staff gave out PediaSure after church on Sunday to needy community members in Saint Louis du Nord, Haiti.

Matt Jump (missionary and sports fan to an unhealthy degree) and our Super Bowl party.



3 comments:

Kat said...

Wish I were in Haiti with you all -- love being there at the same time!!! Thanks for the blog entries -- love 'em!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing more about this trip! I'm glad you guys were ok during the ice storms.

Amber said...

I am glad to know you all arrived safely. Have fun and tell Erika I look forward to hearing about the retreat